This week I divided all the blocks into 4 palettes namely,
- Matrix Palette : this palette contains various tools used in exploring short musical concepts with the “matrix” clamp.
- Chunk Palette :This palette contains user generated chunks as well as related tools, such as the “show chunk”, “multiply/divide beat value”, “note” blocks.
- Play/Save Palette : this palette contains blocks that one uses to either perform or notate their “pitch”, “note”, “chunk” or rhythmic creations.
- Tone Palette : contains square, sine, sawtooth blocks.(Palettes have random SVGs for now).
Polyphony functionality is added in matrix, User can able to set more than one note at a time on the matrix.
“Show” block functionality -The block takes chunk as the input and generates corresponding matrix of the input chunk, it helps user to see which notes are there inside the chunk. User can edit them and also save as new chunk.
“Play forward”/”Play Backward” block play given input chunk in forward/backward direction respectively.
“Rhythmic Dot” block – Dot increases the duration of the basic note by half of its original value. It takes “rhythm” block as the input and makes all the notes of that rhythm as dotted notes.
“Multiply all beat value” – multiplies the beat values of all the notes inside the input chunk by the given 0th argument. For eg:If the arg is 4, a note (in the input chunk) with original beat value 2 will have final beat value of 8 i.e it will be converted from half note/minim to eighth note/quaver. Similarly “divide all beat values” divides the beat values of all the notes inside the input chunk by the given 0th argument.
There are few things remaining on the stack which I’ll complete by next and last week:
- Tuplet, Tie blocks are to be made.
- Music notations generated are not accurate, I’ve to fix them.
- Few other bugs needs attention.
- After that code refactoring is to be done and README is to be updated.
Thanks! See you next week 🙂